Top 5 Remodeling Projects to Improve Your Home’s Value
1. First on the list was the entry door replacement. Apparently if you replace your entry door and put the glass panels on either side, you will recoup more than 100% of the value of that job if you go to sell your house!
2. Garage Door Replacement was second on the list of the top 5 remodeling projects. And I completely agree with this one – nothing looks better than when an older house has replaced the tired old garage doors with new ones! Depending on what you select, you can add character and a “newness” to the house that can’t be duplicated.
3. If you don’t live in a brick house, then consider changing out your siding. But don’t use the cheap vinyl stuff. Use fiber cement in this project for the biggest bang for your buck.
4. 4th on the list is the kitchen remodel. To me, this is a “duh” remodel. However, the kitchen remodel is an expensive one. With a “minor” kitchen remodel costing in excess of $20,000, only expect to recoup around 73% if you go to resell your house. I truly believe that a nice kitchen remodel can be done for less if you take a bit more time to look around.
5. Last but not least is the deck addition. In Middle Tennessee we are fortunate to be able to enjoy the outdoors through three long seasons. The outdoor “living space” is extremely important to enjoying a home to the fullest, so this one definitely made the top 5 remodeling projects!
To sum up, if you want to improve your home’s value, then focus on these top 5 remodeling projects:
- Entry Door Replacement
- Garage Door Replacement
- Changing out Your Siding
- Minor Kitchen Remodel
- Deck Addition
You can’t go wrong and you’ll definitely enjoy it while you live there!