Eight Ways to Commemorate the Tragedy of September 11, 2001
This is the 8th anniversary of the devastating attacks of September 11, 2001 and I thought a good way to remember those fallen would be to think of 8 ways to commemorate this tragic event.
So here they are – pick one to do if you like or do something else that seems appropriate:
8. Fly an American Flag. This one may be obvious, but our flag is a symbol of comfort to many and a reminder of what we are all about!
7. Sing some Patriotic Songs. Don’t know any? Learn some! Feel proud to be an American!
6. Call Your Loved Ones. Tell them what they mean to you. We definitely don’t do this often enough and a tragedy like 9/11/01 is a reminder that we don’t know how much time we have left!
5. Plant a Tree. You can purchase a small tree for usually around $15-$20 at places like Home Depot. Or you can call me and I WILL GIVE YOU A SEEDLING. You don’t have to plant it in your yard… you can plant it in a public park or at a public school or even in the projects (with the correct permission of course). Dedicate the tree to the memory of those who died as a result of the September 11 attacks.
4. Spend Some Money Tonight. Do something good for our economy – pump some money into it. Let’s prove to the terrorists that OUR NATION WILL NOT FAIL!!!
3. Take Cookies to Your Local Firehouse and Say THANK YOU. We definitely don’t thank these people nearly enough for risking their lives to ensure the safety of our community!
2. Volunteer to Help in Some Capacity. Our communities need us. There are ENDLESS opportunities to get involved and make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.
1. Take a Moment and Reflect. THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001. Reflect on what has happened since then. Think of our BRAVE SOLDIERS fighting for our freedom. Be grateful for the freedom that we have in this AMAZING COUNTRY!